What Makes a Good Location?
How We Help You Find the Right Location…
Before you can start making a meaningful income, and meeting new interesting people in the community, you’ll need to find a location that’s conducive to success. If you’ve never owned a business before, you’ll probably be a little bit confused about what makes a good location.
Let us help…
In general, there are three separate essential considerations that you should make when finding a location for your Splash and Dash franchise. The three essential elements are: visibility, accommodations and specs, and population requirements.
Perhaps the most important element of starting a successful Splash and Dash franchise is finding a location that is visible to the public.
The right location will…
- Be a strip mall with high visibility that is preferably filled with stores that the community frequents regularly.
- Be located nearby a combination of different businesses that receive high foot traffic from the types of people who tend to be pet parents. Starbucks, pizza parlors, dry cleaners, will provide a good place to start.
- Be passed by a minimum of 15,000 vehicles per day. To start building the notoriety of your business, people need to see it. It’s that simple.
Accommodations and Specs
Once you know that a potential location has the right amount of visibility and foot traffic, you will want to ensure that the location has the specific accommodations that Splash and Dash requires.
Specifically, you’ll need…
- 1,000 to 1,200 square feet of space.
- Strong ingress and egress access.
- Adequate parking to accommodate frequent visitors.
- A 5 year base term lease with two 5 year options.
- No percentage rent or radius restrictions.
This may not encompass the entire list of considerations, since different cities have different regulations surrounding grooming salons.
In addition to finding a visible store location, and getting the finer details sorted out, it’s also important to consider the population in the area.
Splash and Dash franchises perform best in areas with a robust population of well-to-do families. If your area has 15,000 or more households that earn a minimum of $85,000 per year in income, then you’re in a perfect location. In addition, there should be a population of at least 125,000 people within 10 miles of your prospective location.
If you’re interested in starting a Splash and Dash franchise in your area, we can provide feedback as you consider different locations. Ultimately, we want your business to succeed, so let us help!
Now that you know how to find a location that will attract the customers that you need to thrive…
Click ‘Next Step’ below to learn why our Splash and Dash customers love us!