What Makes a Good Pet Franchise Location?
Own the Groomerie Everyone Sees, Everyone Talks About, and Everyone Loves!
When it comes to starting a pet franchise, there’s almost nothing more influential on early growth than location. That’s why we place a huge emphasis on providing advice for our franchise partners that will help them find the best possible location in their area.
If you’ve never owned a business, you’ll want a location that increases your engagement with the community. The more customers you can meet, the more you can impress.
Once your community knows that a Splash and Dash pet franchise has arrived, they’ll be eager to find out what you have to offer their pets! That’s why it’s so important to choose a franchise location that advertises itself. The more visible your location is, the more access to free business you’ll have.
The right locations are:
- Strip-mall type areas with high visibility that are surrounded by frequently visited stores.
- Surrounded on all sides by a combination of high foot traffic businesses like coffee shops, dry cleaners, and pizza parlors.
- On a main street that is passed by a minimum of 15,000 vehicles per day. To start building the notoriety of your business, people need to see it. It’s that simple.
- In an area with 15,000 or more households that earn a minimum of $85,000 per year in income.
- Within a 10-mile radius of at least 125,000 people.
Your city may have specific regulations determining where you can have a pet franchise. These guidelines are meant as broad suggestions, and we’ll work with you to find a location that fulfills all local regulations and your business needs.
Once you know that a potential location has the right amount of visibility and foot traffic, you will want to ensure that the location has the specific accommodations that Splash and Dash requires.
Specifically, you’ll need:
- 1,000 to 1,200 square feet of space.
- Strong ingress and egress access.
- Adequate parking to accommodate frequent visitors.
- A 5-year base term lease with two 5 year options.
- No percentage rent or radius restrictions.
We provide these guidelines because they’re proven to work. Splash and Dash pet franchise locations should be large enough to accommodate all your business needs, but small enough to maintain the boutique vibe that the Splash and Dash brand is built on.
Click ‘Next Step’ below to learn why our Splash and Dash customers love us!